Alberta Government House
• 128 St. & 102 Ave (adjacent to the provincial museum) | Edmonton, AB
This gracious sandstone building, opened in 1913, served as the residence of Alberta's Lieutenant Governors. The mansion was closed in 1938 and was used as a WWII veterans' hospital from 1944 to 1951. Then, in 1976, after extensive restoration, Government House was reopened as the province's official government conference centre. Free tours every half hour and last 30 minutes. Open Sun only 11 am - 4:30 pm.
128 St. & 102 Ave (adjacent to the provincial museum)Edmonton AB